The mighty electric beast we know as the GMC Hummer EV has been made into a two-wheeled version thanks to a collaboration between electric bike maker Recon Power Bikes and General Motors. The new GMC HUMMER EV eBike features a pair of Bafang hub motors to provide all-wheel drive and gives users three different driving modes such as rear-wheel drive, front-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive (Cruise, Traction, and Adrenaline).
Cruise Mode with rear-wheel drive for maximum distance and minimum power consumption. Traction Mode with front-wheel drive for navigating through loose terrain, slick surfaces, or snow. Adrenaline Mode for off-road all-wheel drive dominance of the toughest, steepest terrain.
Equipped with a 48-V LG lithium battery pack, this powerful electric bike can offer a range of 40 to 50 miles (64 to 80 km) in RWD Cruise mode. The top speed it can reach can vary between 20 and 30 mph (32 and 48 kph) depending on the selected driving mode and conditions. Click here for more information on the GMC HUMMER EV eBike, which also includes a pair of four-piston hydraulic disc brakes, five levels of pedal assist, a throttle, and fat bike tires for traction in a variety of conditions.
Technical specs of Hummer EV eBike
- Twin 750-watt Hub motors, a total of 1500 watts (peaking @ 2,400 watts) & 160+ NM of torque
- Three riding modes with torque vectoring: Cruise, Traction & Adrenaline Mode (all-wheel drive)
- Powered by a 48 volt 17.5Ah LG battery (upgradeable to 21 Ah)
- 4 Piston hydraulic disc (203mm x 2.3mm) brakes. Superior heat dispersion
- Features a Shimano 8 Speed Drivetrain, Color LCD control display, & front suspension
- 4.0″ hybrid tires with molded in puncture protection
- 5 Levels of pedal assist and a removable thumb throttle