We have good news for your old and outdated computers. Chrome OS Flex is here to bring those old work and play friends back to life. Google‘s new OS Flex is based on Cloudready, a cloud-based operating system developed by Neverware and acquired by Google. OS Flex uses the same code base as Chrome OS is a lightweight software package and aims to breathe new life into old hardware with the confidence of cloud computing. Because Chrome OS and OS Flex share the same code, both systems will receive updates simultaneously and have consistent user interfaces and functionality across PC or Mac platforms. Google claims that OS Flex can easily run on hardware up to 13 years old and can prevent performance degradation over time. You can start using the trial version of OS Flex right now by downloading it. The full version is expected to be released in the coming months. If you want to get more information and want to bring an old computer back to life with CPR, you can click here.
What is Chrome OS Flex
- Free-to-download operating system from Google,
- Modernizes devices you already own,
- A fast, modern work experience,
- Proactive security against the latest threats,
- Easy deployment and management,
- A sustainable solution making the most of existing hardware.
A USB drive and compatible PC or Mac is all you need to get started, and it’s free to download.
- First, you can try OS Flex without installing it by booting directly from the USB drive – risk free.
- Then once you’re ready, you can install OS Flex on your PC or Mac to replace your operating system for the best experience.